Protecting Your Business
Arturo E. Matthews, Jr.
- Commercial Collections 50%
- Business Litigation 20%
- Contracts 20%
- Corporate Formations 10%
Art Matthews has practiced law in California since 1989 and earned his law degree from the University of Southern California where he won honors for Moot Court advocacy. He also earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration from the University of Southern California in 1986. He is also admitted to practice in the State of New York.
Art's passion is helping business owners protect what they've worked so hard to build. Over the years, he has represented and protected businesses large and small in numerous business, contract, collections, employment and real estate matters. Art started his legal career with the law firm of Voss, Cook, Casselberry & Thel in Newport Beach, California. In 1999, he co-founded the Orange County law firm of Burnett & Matthews LLP, an AV-rated firm where he practiced with Michael W. Burnett, a real estate transactional attorney with over 25 years' experience. In 2007, Art formed his own firm, Matthews Law Firm, Inc. where he continues to practice in the above areas. Read Art is known as an aggressive advocate and advisor but one who understands the realities of practicing law and keeping clients satisfied in today's economic climate. He has also served as a mediator on behalf of both the Los Angeles and Riverside County Superior Courts.
Art is fluent in Spanish having learned the language from his parents who emigrated from Cuba in the early 1960's.
- University of Southern California Law Center, Los Angeles, California
- J.D. - 1989
- University of Southern California
- B.S. - 1986
- Major: Business Administration
- California, 1989
- New York, 2005
- CA State Bar
- NY State Bar
- Tired of Running After Debtors? Your Guide to an Efficient Commercial Debt Collection, Jacobs & Whitehall, 2021
Classes & Seminars
- Collections: a Primer, OC Bar Assoc., 2019
- Collections: a Primer, OC Bar Assoc., 2020
- Challenge Dairy Products, Inc.
- Experian Information Solutions, Inc.
- Xoriant Corporation
- Robinson Pharma, Inc.
- Diamond Wipes International, Inc.
- Gunnar Gooding
- Robert S. Knohl
- Denise Swanson
- Ray Gutierrez
- Burnett & Matthews, LLP., Business Litigation Attorney, 1999 to 2007
- Law Office of Arturo E. Matthews, Jr., Business Litigation Attorney, 1994 to 1999
- Voss, Cook, Casselberry & Thel in Newport Beach, California